Sunday, November 8, 2009

An eye wrinkle secret - ooooo!

Okay, I have to share with all of you this amazingly simple yet effective I've-shaved-10-years-off-secret.

But, before I get to the actual secret, I have to preface by saying - ladies, and I mean every age, shape and size lady reading this, you must be practicing a dedicated face moisturizing and cleansing system. This is a must! And if you're not, you must email me and I will help you find one. :) I personally use Arbonne. I was turned on to it this summer through one of those parties and I love it! But, there are lots of cheaper and equally effective products out there.

At a minimum, please use a softer, more gentle cleanser (as opposed to bar soap you use in the shower), a face-specific moisturizer AND (very IMPORTANT!) a dedicated eye cream. Eye area is delicate and requires more intense moisture, so you need a cream especially for the outer eye orbit.

So, with that said, here's a little tip to make your eye cream even more effective. After you apply your eye cream, slide a thin layer of Vaseline over where you just applied your eye cream. I know this sounds crazy but it works!! This is why.

Vaseline is made of mineral oil, which acts like Gortex - a protective barrier that holds moisture in, plumping up that delicate eye area, minimizing the look of those insidious (that's my favorite word these days) crow's feet.

I don't know about ya'll but I have serious crow's feet. And as I age, they get deeper and more prominent. I have used this technique a few times now and it really works! In the morning, I look more rested and... dare I say it...younger!

A side note about this - mineral oil as an ingredient in our facial products, ain't so good. It sits on the surface of your skin which my personal philosophy says can't be that good. Arbonne uses all natural ingredients that actually sink into your skin and help refresh and plump it from the inside. I like the idea of this better. So, if you're not a label reader, now is the time. :)

If you try this routine, send me your feedback. I would love to hear how it works
for you.

And on a personal note, I became a first-time Aunt today and so this blog post is dedicated to my new baby niece, Jillian Elizabeth. Welcome to the world baby Jillie!!

1 comment:

  1. I am a Vaseline junkie! Been using it on my eyes for years. Vaseline is god. Fear it not - it works and and is killer for removing eye makeup.

    ReplyDelete